4TH APEA CONFERENCE & EVALVISIONASIA 2023
APEA will host the 4th APEA Conference from 4th to 7th December 2023 in Manila, Philippines. The Conference will be part of EvalVisionAsia 2023 to celebrate the Asia Pacific's accomplishments in 2023 and to prepare and welcome 2024.
Future of Evaluation: Leveraging Partnerships for Equitable Development in Asia
Asia and the Pacific region is a hugely diverse collection of over 50 nations and sub-regions. In December 2020, the Asia Pacific Regional Evaluation Strategy (APRES) was developed by APEA, EvalYouth Asia, Parliamentarians Forum for Development Evaluation – South Asia (PFDE-SA) and other partners. The overall goal for the strategy is to realise greater use of evaluation contributing positively to achievement of national development goals and SDGs in Asia Pacific Region. The strategy is also guided by the underlying principles of gender equality and women’s empowerment, human rights, and leaving no one behind. Focusing on the APRES, the overall theme is “Future of Evaluation: Leveraging Partnerships for Equitable Development in Asia.”
Within the ambit of this broad theme, the event will provide scope for deliberations on the eight themes of the Regional Evaluation Strategy as sub-thematic strands:
- Professionalising Evaluation: The focus of this theme is to contribute to the enhancement of the public recognition and trust of the evaluation profession within the Asia Pacific Region and to develop a competency framework and standards for evaluators that can be used widely in the region.
- Developing Partnerships for Evaluation Capacity: This theme works to collaborate with key organizations, institutions, and networks to initiate programs/courses/training on M&E related aspects towards building the evaluation capacity in the region, especially among young and emerging evaluators.
- Strengthening Community Ownership in Evaluation: This theme works towards strengthening community/citizen ownership in evaluation by working closely with NGOs, CBOs, and other partners and by conducting fora and awareness campaigns in relation to community ownership in evaluation.
- Promoting Young and Emerging Evaluators: This theme seeks to raise awareness and recognition of the role of young and evaluators in the evaluation ecosystem and to contribute to empowering and building the evaluation capacity of YEEs in the region.
- Strengthening VOPEs: This theme works with VOPEs to become stronger strategic partners to improve, institutionalize, and sustain the evaluation profession in their country.
- Engaging Parliamentarians for Demand and Use of Evaluation: This theme focuses on enhancing the engagement of Parliamentarians to demand and use evaluation for policymaking and on building the evaluation capacity of policymakers.
- Promoting National Evaluation Policies and Systems: This theme works towards increasing the number of countries in the region embarking on developing or strengthening NEPS and raising awareness on NEPS through regional consultations, technical sessions, and publications.
- Using Evaluation to Report on the SDGs: This theme focuses on raising awareness and promoting the use of evaluation to report on the SDGs through trainings, webinars, and development of knowledge products.